Initially, a booking can be made by telephone EMAIL or FAX.
Our lines are open Monday to Friday between 0900 and 1730 hours and an answering service operates outside these hours.
The booking can be made in one of two ways
Bank transfer (There will be an additional charge of £10 for each transfer)
Cheque drawn on a UK Bank.
Methods Of Payment
PI accepts the following methods of payment:
(a) BANK TRANSFER
All bank transfers must be made in pounds sterling to our bank, details as follows:
ADDRESS: NATIONAL WESTMINSTER BANK
KENSINGTON ROYAL GARDEN BRANCH
PO BOX 2341
55 KENSINGTON HIGH STREET
LONDON W8 5ZG
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 77912438
SORT CODE: 50-30-10
IBAN NUMBER: GB40 NWBK 503010 77912438
BIC: NWBK GB 2L
There will be a charge of £10 for each such transfer.
Any cheques which are drawn on a UK bank are accepted by PI. Non UK cheques are subject to a charge.
It is vital that every student on a Project holiday is fully insured.
We can arrange cover as follows:
- Personal possessions £800
- Personal money £50
- Passport, tickets + travel document replacement £200
- Reimbursement of fees £5000
- Personal liability £1,000,000
- Medical & other expenses £1,000,000
- Personal injury £30,000
Please contact us for details of premium payable etc.
Head Office, 16 Hamilton Terrace, Holly Walk, Royal Leamington Spa, Warwickshire CV32 4LY
Telephone +44 (0)333 123 0044 Facsimile +44 (0)333 123 0055
E Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
General Booking Terms & Conditions
- The first move by a client towards booking a group with PROJECT INTERNATIONAL (PI) must be to request a set number of places for a specified time period (arrival and departure to be clearly stated.) PI will then send a letter of allocation specifying how many places are being held, name of centre and the exact arrival and departure dates. It will also specify a cut-off date by which time the reservation will be released. Deadline dates can be extended on request, though PI cannot guarantee to do so. An allocation letter does NOT constitute confirmation of booking in any shape or form.
- Once a client wishes to go ahead and confirm the reservation, they must put this confirmation in writing CLEARLY stating dates (as on allocation letter,) number in group (excluding free places) and clearly signed by the person responsible for handling the booking. All future correspondence will be addressed to this person. (NB. Numbers can be added at a later date subject to availability.) The booking will be confirmed and a contract will then exist, once PI have confirmed the details of the booking in writing. This will be done within 24 hours of having received the client’s confirmation letter.
- Within two weeks of having confirmed the booking, PI will require a deposit, an invoice will be raised for the projected total and the client will be in breach of contract if this payment is not made by the date specified.
- The balance will be due four weeks prior to arrival in the UK. (In the event of an option being taken out less than four weeks before arrival in the UK, full payment will be due on confirmation.)
- As stated above, extra numbers can be added to a group at a later date (subject to availability.) This will be confirmed in writing and an invoice raised accordingly; payment will be expected immediately if less than four weeks before arrival.
- Should a client have to cancel a booking, it must be done in writing to PI and, once received by us, we will acknowledge this in writing within three working days of receiving the client notification. Cancellation charges are payable as follows: More than 4 weeks before commencement date – Loss of deposit 3-4 weeks before commencement date – -60% of holiday cost will be charged 2-3 weeks before commencement date – 85% of holiday cost will be charged Less than 2 weeks before commencement date – 100% of holiday cost will be charged
- PI reserve the right to exclude, expel or refuse any person at any time to any course or activity if, in the opinion of PI, that person is not compatible with the general enjoyment or well-being of other clients. In this case, no refund will be given for any unexpired portion of the activity, course or tour. Similarly, if a student decides to leave a course early, no refund can be given by Project International and extra cost(s) may be incurred (ie a transfer to the airport).
- No cancellation will be paid or refund given if the cancellation or change by PI is brought about by war or threat of war, strikes, disaster, terrorist activities, quarantine, technical problems with transportation, weather or any other event outside the control of PI.
- PI shall not be liable for any loss or damage to any luggage or any person undertaking a holiday, or any loss, delay or inconvenience, or fatal or other injuries or illness suffered by that person, provided PI has exercised reasonable care.
- The details in the PI brochure and outlined in other literature are published in good faith as of September 2016. Holiday activities (incl. English Plus), centres, travel details and host families are subject to change and are dependent on weather, programme requirements, and a satisfactory level of participants. PI reserve the right to make any necessary change for any aspect of the programme prior to arrival or during the holiday. Where it is necessary this will at all times be done with the success of the programme, and the overall enjoyment by the group(s) concerned, in mind.
- Bookings made directly by persons under 18 cannot usually be accepted.
- Bed linen is provided but towels and soap are not.
- No responsibility can be taken by Project International for any damage done to articles of clothing while being laundered.
- It is a condition that all students are covered by a recognised travel insurance policy. Project International can arrange such a policy as detailed below. Proof may be required that all students are covered prior to travelling.
- Project International reserves the right to inspect all student bedrooms in the unlikely event of thefts occurring on campus.
- The price of your holiday is fully guaranteed and will not be subject to any surcharges. [EXCEPT: Prices quoted include VAT where applicable at 20%, the rate at the time of printing, September 2016. Any increase in VAT, however, will be added to the price of the holiday.]
- This contract is made on the terms of these booking conditions which are governed by English Law and both parties shall submit to the jurisdiction of English court at all times.
- Students will be required to pay a deposit of GBP 30.00 IN CASH against damages on arrival at the school. This will of course be returned to them at the end of their stay should they not be responsible for any damages. This deposit can be paid in Euros and, with groups, the group leader will be responsible for collecting & depositing such monies.
- Please note that we cannot ever guarantee which rooms and what size of room any students will occupy. We can take requests and will do our utmost to accede to these requests but can make no promises whatsoever.
- No refunds can be given whatsoever if groups/individuals decide not to take any particular element of the course (ie. an entrance or an excursion).
- For English PLUS options, no refunds will be given once an option is booked. Students can cancel before or during the course but no money will be refunded.